Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chicago

This past week has been Spring Break, and a much needed Spring Break at that! My friend Katie and I decided to head up to Chicago for a few days. It was a complete blast! It did rain on us most the first day so we came back soaked since we decided to walk everywhere.. haha.. We spent a lot of time walking around and visiting random places such as Millennium Park, some art gallery that used to be the city library, tons of shops, Tiffanys! (I almost fainted it was so AMAZING!!!), the Hershey store where we argued about how to pronounce Reese's, over a scary bridge that rises up (I'm not a fan of bridges in any sense), and we ordered an authentic chicago style pizza (and got lost finding the pizza place). We stayed at an amazing hotel that we found through one of those discount websites, we were super lucky to get a really good hotel! It was probably one of the best nights of rest of my life! The next day it was freezing cold but we made a trip to Navy Pier and got to experience the daily adventures of the city bus. We were confused about where we were going on the way to Navy Pier so we decided to follow another person we knew was going to the pier... We are sneaky like that! We got lost coming back to Muncie, and ended up paying a few too many tolls because of it... All in all we had a really great time and I can't wait to go back again!

4 comments:

The Lambert Family said...

Chicago is amazing! There is so much to see and do there. I miss living there. I haven't been back there since we moved when I was
11. I need to make a trip out there at some point!

Amy said...

Looks awesome! Your hotel room looks really nice. Though I'm happy about going to DU, I still think it would have been cool to go to school there. Someday I'll have to make a trip out there and you can tell me what to visit!

Michelle Heuer said...

It's too bad that you are leaving back to Utah...even though you are super excited about it. Becuase I am 98% sure that I am coming to Chicago! I have never visited it yet but I am looking forward to it!! Miss ya tons!

Did you go with a Katie I know? or someone else?

Michelle said...

Yeah Chicago is really amazing! Amy I'm so excited for you that you are going to school in Colorado! You will do awesome!
Yes Kim you need to make a trip out to Chicago is it way awesome!
And Michelle it is the Katie you know! Are you going to be going to grad school in Chicago??